Bit of a slower day here—mostly laying low as this heat rolls through. It seems Europe’s in for a wallop of a heatwave, but I don’t have the heart to trot out the old arguments about it. The effects of extreme heat are here now—it’s long past time to be doing sensible things about them. Going to try to spend the rest of the day more or less off screens, so will keep this brief.
- Reflecting on this perspective on repair and maintenance as an act of community.
- Enjoyed Nicole Fenton’s most recent letter, on reckoning with hard world events.
- An interesting idea, to try to train your ambient awareness of CO2 levels.
- Appreciated the latest in Sean’s “Public service heroes” series, profiling Madelaine Saginur & Melissa Toutloff—two folks I had the pleasure of working with in 2020. Yay for good people!
- Shared this a few years back, but it’s so good I’ll share it again: Mandy Brown, quoting Robert Grudin, on procrastination as disrespect for the future.
All the best for the week ahead!